Latest News Updates
Shops in Oman to display a list of All VAT Exempt Products
Muscat April 22, 2022:
Shop owners in Oman have been urged by the Consumer Protection Authority (CPA) to clearly label the list of zero-rated VAT products so as to not confuse or try to trick customers into paying more for such goods.
The CPA issued a notice stating “We direct all the commercial centers and shops across the various governorates of the Sultanate of Oman to affix labels mentioning all goods exempt from value-added tax.” Most of these VAT exempt items are staples essential for day-to-day life.
- The list of items exempted from VAT include:
- Foodgrains such as wheat, rice, barley and corn, and flours made from them.
- Milk products in their various forms, i.e. plain milk, milk powder, cheese and yoghurt.
- Varieties of breads; water, salt and sugar.
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Meat, fish, and poultry.
- Coffee and tea.
- Medicines and baby products.