Latest News Updates
Electronic products under AED 30,000 exempted from Dubai customs service fees
UAE- September 3, 2021:
As per the Customs notice No. (13/2021) a new service charge exemption is applicable for movement of goods between companies.
The exemption is effective from 14 November 2021. The notice stipulates that Customs declarations with value not exceeding AED 30,000 shall be exempted from relevant Customs services charges.
The provisions of this notice apply to customs declarations in the following movement cases:
- From GCC countries and rest of the world to the local market.
- From the freezones and customs warehouses to the local market.
- From GCC countries and the rest of the world to the freezone and customs warehouses.
- From the local market to GCC countries and rest of the world.
- From local market to the freezones and customs warehouses.
- From freezones and customs warehouses to GCC countries and the rest of the world.
- Temporary admission into the local market from rest of the world, freezones , customs warehouses and GCC countries.
- Transfer within the same freezone.
- Transit between freezones in the Emirate of Dubai
- Transfer between customs warehouses in the Emirate of Dubai
- From customs warehouses to freezones.
- From freezones to customs warehouses.
The notice also reiterates that companies wishing to trade via e-commerce channels must first register on the Dubai Customs’ customer registration system. Additionally, it is clarified that logistics companies wishing to clear goods on behalf of their client companies must also register such clients in the same system.
This is in line with Dubai’s e-commerce strategy, which aims to strengthen Dubai’s position as the global capital of the new economy and global logistics platform for the region and create a flexible business environment.