On this page you will find for reference the original copy of the VAT Law enacted in each member state. You will find the original in Arabic with unauthenticated English translation
August 27, 2017 – Federal Decree-Law No. (8) of 2017 on Value Added Tax has been issued today. This Decree-Law shall be published in the Official Gazette and shall come into effect as of January 1, 2018.
The VAT Law specifies the following:
- Title One – Definitions
- Title Two – Tax scope and rate
- Title Three – Supply
- Title Four – Tax registration and deregistration
- Title Five – Rules pertaining to Supplies
- Title Six – Zero rates and exemptions
- Title Seven – Calculation of due tax
- Title Eight – Tax Period, returns, payment and reclaiming of tax
- Title Nine – Violations and Penalties
- Title Ten – General Provisions
- Title Eleven – Closing provisions
The Law refers to Executive Regulations which will provide clarity on the detailed treatment of the various aspects covered in the VAT Law. This is expected to be issued in the near future.
Companies should start their VAT preparation immediately as the implementation date for the law has been set for 1 January 2018.
Draft Law is drafted and is under public discussion
KSA Draft VAT Law